Ozone is a gas that is composed of oxygen molecules that have three oxygen atoms. Normal oxygen has two oxygen atoms.

Ozone gas is highly reactive to organic things. Humans, animals, plants, and microbes are subject to this. While it can cause a lot of discomfort in these things, it can also kill microbes. These include things like bacteria, viruses, mold, and other tiny things that may cause allergic reactions. This is why ozone generators can be used to remove odors! It kills the bacteria that you breathe in that cause these smells.

Your body is reactive to ozone as well. It can have a lot of negative effects. These effects can be anything from inflamed lungs, headaches, sore throats, and more. People with lung diseases can suffer more than other people, considering it can make the symptoms worse. It’s very important not to use an ozone generator in an occupied space. Always remove people, pets, and plants from rooms or vehicles you’re going to shock with ozone.

Fortunately, Ozone deteriorates after a little while. About one to two hours after the oxygen atoms combine, they will separate and become regular oxygen again. This means that you can breathe it without the harmful effects. It will be normal, everyday oxygen.

Back to Top